KHETHIWE - My Dearest of Them All

One of the most important people in my life is moving away. She is my friend Ayanda also known as McYandy. Her moving away to London is tossing me off balance, it feels more like an earthquake. She's a healer by nature and will soon be one by trade. She may not know this but she showed me what kind of a woman i wanted to be with very few role models. She didn't do anything but be herself. If it hadn't been for her, I'd be in some bullshit well and lost forever . I want to share with the whole world how much she means to me.

This is an open letter to Ayanda Khethiwe Mlangeni ( girl - take from it what you see belongs to you because there are some pieces that will reflect you and some that wont, but its all for you)

Dear Yandy

I remember when we met. We were 12 year old kids back in Kempton Park Primary School and discovering boys - lol. You came in form of a gift. We're in university and falling in love and guess what? We're still kids. When we met your smile was sparkling and I know this because that's what I remember most about you.

Now, where are we? Older and further apart. Me here and you there and it hasn't been easy without you. I look back on the photos of our last time together and I wish that moment could go on for a life time. We're coming up on a year apart and that terrifies me because I'm not even sure when I'll see you before you jet off to your new life in London.

You can be brutal in your opinions and advice and yet that brutality is merciful, loaded with all the affetcton I've ever wanted in this world. We don't talk nearly enough but I know that when I need you, you'll be there to absorb my tears because between us,time and space have become limitless and meaningless. Its funny how distance has made me love you more, it's made me understand that what we're blessed with is rare and special.

I want to be able to cry with you and fall back in laughter because that's what we're good at. You're miles away but I feel your presense with me all the time, its like we're double. We're double in
strength, sadness, happiness, love, our insanity and double equipped to deal with the nasty things that life throws at us. You're my sister and you make me double me and more, you inflate me in such a way that makes anything possible. Everyday I am holding your hand even when you don't feel it, all I want is for you to imagine me besides you. Thank you for being one of the few people who engraved their footprints of love in my heart. I know I love you is not enough but I'll say it anyway - I LOVE YOU AYANDA!


 






Live Laugh Love
@AndyPouts

Comments

Popular Posts